1.31.2012

Love Story -- The 12 year-old Heart Knows Best

Macey & Guy
When I was in seventh grade, my mom bought a house in the next town over, so she, my two brothers and I packed up and moved. Since I was the "new girl", I made friends fast, and one of those friends was a girl named Sonia. Sonia and I instantly clicked and became the best of friends, so naturally her house became my second home. This is where my love story begins.
Sonia had a brother named Guy who was 4 years older than us and attended a private high school about 45 minutes away. I think the first 6 months I knew Sonia, I met Guy maybe 6 times because he boarded there too. To 12 year old me, he was the hunkiest baseball player I had ever seen. From the moment I met him, I was hooked and that is no exaggeration. I passed him in the hallway of Sonia's house one day and he told me "wow you're small" (I was 4'11" and still am) and I thought I was going to faint!

So I began leaving love notes when he was away at school.  They read "I love you, love your secret admirer". I left one every time he left to go back to school for the semester. These type of antics continued all the way until I was 17 years old. I even had his number saved as "hubby" in my phone. Mind you, I had been dating other guys all of these years but I knew that one day I would marry Guy. I told everyone; his mom, his aunts, my friends, my family, even my current boyfriends!! I told everyone mark my words, when I am old enough, he'll see that we are perfect for each other and one day we would marry each other. In my 8th grade yearbook, I have 5 signings from friends saying "Good luck marrying Guy and have a great summer". Well I did have a great summer that year and 9 years later I can finally say I married Guy.

Flash forward, I am 18 years old and graduating high school. I am about to enter my freshman year in college and he is entering his senior year at a college in the same state. He starts sending me text messages.. and the rest they say is history.

We were married on September 10, 2011. We have been together ever since the day he sent me that first text message and that was in May of 2007. I predicted I would marry the love of my life when I was 12 years old... how many people can say that?


If you want to share your love story, email your story to gwenisinlove{at}gmail{dot}com

0 comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails