5.25.2010

Love Story -- A Girl in Pearls & A Boy with Toys


A Love Story by Jen from A Girl in Pearls & A Boy with Toys:

Jay and I met on September 5, 2003 at a Sacred Heart University house party. Neither one of us went to this school and were there with friends of friends. I was 19 and he was 24. Our mutual topic of conversation? Alcohol. Is it a romantic story for the grandkids one day? No; but it’s our story.

We exchanged phone numbers (read: He bribed me into getting my number) and he preceded to text me multiple times a day for the next few weeks. I was a sophomore in college and was not interested in dating anyone so kept blowing him off. Well, he wore me down with his persistency.

Three months later we went out on our first date (December 6, 2003). It was an absolute snow storm. I wanted to back out but he wasn’t giving up. He borrowed a friend’s car that was better in the snow than his was and we went to see the movie Gothika (remember this movie? The horror movie starring Halle Berry…real romantic right!). Our second date was MUCH better.

We officially became “boyfriend girlfriend” after a date on February 13, 2004. It was very late and we were up talking. He asked me to be his girlfriend around 1 in the morning on February 14.

He came to RI with me in April and met my parents and we said “I love you” for the first time sometime in May of that year.

We got engaged on March 25, 2008 in Aruba at the Flying Fishbone, while eating dinner on the beach, feet in the sand.




We were married on September 5, 2009 – best day of our lives!

Jen's Slice of Advice:
My advice to couples out there is to never go to bed angry. We have a sign above our bed that reads "Always kiss me goodnight" and we follow it literally and figuratively!


4 comments:

  1. Awwww! I love it!
    Mine is far less romantic... but I suppose it has it's own charm to it as well <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great story. I love how unconventional it is. Mine is starting to develop somewhat similar.

    www.cdycattle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. funny, my boyfriend and I, also became a couple on Feb. 14 :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow just saw this now; so fun!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails