4.14.2013

Have You Had Your 6-Second Kiss Today?

Described by Dr. Gottman as “long enough to feel romantic,” the six-second kiss serves as a temporary oasis within a busy day (ex: going to or from work).

Greeting your partner with affection communicates their importance to you while reminding them of the good feelings you share when you’re in each other’s company.
{via}
Our “rituals of connections are crucial,” because they serve not only to re-establish the connection with our partners, but also to protect our relationships from betrayal. “The parting and reunion [moments] turn out to be really important,” asserts Dr. Gottman. Attention spent on each other in transitional junctures communicates that “you’re important to me, and when you come back at the end of the day, it’s an event. You matter to me.”

3 comments:

  1. This is something I have read about before and have tried to implement. I need to focus on it more. My husband has told me before that we don't kiss enough. I agree, so thank you for the amazing reminder! http://forgivenbygracee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you for that interesting article...

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails